Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Perfmon.htm output files

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauln94404

Technical User
May 7, 2007
US
Hi everyone, first time post for me here.

I'm trying to open a Perfom.htm output file. I configured some counters in Perfmon and watched the performance as I ran a test. At certain stages of the test, I right-clicked on the graph and choose Save As. Then I saved the file as Perfmon.htm.

I'm trying to open the file now to see the snapshot of data that I saved. Unfortunately, perfmon is just opening the file and using the counters that I saved, it is ignoring the data. If I open the file in a text editor, I can see that the format is XML and the data actually exists in the Counter.Data element.

Any suggestions for how I can view this data? I've tried everything short of hand copying the data out to Excel.

Thanks
Paul

Something must be wrong with your file assocations.

Open up IE, then use File, Open to open up the file.

Does that work?

You are right, that worked! I had just double-clicked on the files before, but they opened in Firefox rather than IE.

Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back