Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing other users sent items 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelMo

MIS
Apr 19, 2001
GB
My MD wants to be able to view outgoing mail from a number of users.
In AD - User Properties - Exchange Advanced - Mailbox Rights, I can give him access to any users mailbox.
However when he uses File - Open - Other users folder he only has (Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, Tasks).
How can I give him access?
Can I do this in one go over a block of users?

Thanks in advance

Neil

In his Mail Profiule select the More/Advanced Options and you will find an optiopn to open additional mailboxes on one of the tabs. When you open the mailbox this way you get the full folder structure in the "Folder List" view.

Unless you have informed users in the employment contact or similar that you have full access to their mailboxes and may use without warning you are badly in breach of the data protection act and some chunks of employment law as well. [Just thought i should mention that]

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Thanks Mike.

I use Outlook 2003 so it was a:
RClick and Properties of Mailbox - advanced - advanced - add, then add the users name and OK.
You can also go:
Tools - e-mail accounts - view/change e-mail accounts - change - more settings - advanced - add - add the users name
This users mailbox and subfolders then appear in Outlook folder tree.

Thanks again Mike

No worries - Glad to help.

Mike

Remember - There is always another way..........I just haven't found out what it is yet!

[yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back