Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing my Sharepoint Intranet externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibredbeard

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
GB
Hi,
I read the thread "Publishing a Site (Externally) in SharePoint Server 2007" and I didn't want to hijack it, so I will try to ask questions that weren't answered.

I can access the sharepoint intranet from my LAN just fine. I enter and it comes to the normal screen where it gives you two options "if you are inside the office click here" and "if you are outside the office click here". When your inside the office it takes you to a the following website " When you are outside the office, it will ask you for a username and password but won;t display the webpage. Also note that the webserver is not the same server Sharepoint is on. I inherited this network. I'm trying to wrap my head around the AAM's in sharepoint but can't. Any help would be nice. And I did read those 3 blogs as well.

I think you need to use alternative mapping in central administration.

-Laughter works miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back