Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Multiple Measures in Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinstigator

Programmer
Mar 7, 2002
US
I have created a cube in Transformer that has multiple measures. (Ie. Revenue based upon a Revenue column from Impromptu, Column Count based upon a unique numeric column in Imprmomptu, and a Stays based upon a sum of a stays column in Impromptu). When I build the cube, the PowerPlay shows each measure. When I publish the cube to Upfront however and view it via a web browser, I am only seeing the first measure and none of the other measures are displayed. I have exhausted my attempts to get multiple measures to be viewed from a published cube and have been unsuccessful. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

have you tried going to your change rows or columns box in the cube and selecting measures. this replaces the dimension being viewed with all the measures.

let me know if that works for you.

It works fine in PowerPlay...but then when I save the cube in a .mdc format and using the enterprise server administrator to make the cube visible on the web server...I am only capturing one measure. The dimensions are fine. I have to be missing a step or not performing a step needed somewhere? Any ideas? Thanks.

Is it just possible that you may have excluded some of the measures in your transformer. Please check and see if that is the case.

Someone let me know if I'm way off here but in my experience with Powerplay/web (using Transformer 6.61) it only shows one measure - period - when you start. To show all measures, you just click on the rows dimension drop-down and there is an entry that shows as "MEASURES".

If Powerplay/windows shows something different - well, that doesn't mean you have a problem with PP/web, it is just the difference between the products.

- Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back