Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing MS Office 2003 with 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

riastrad76

Technical User
May 8, 2006
GB
Hi, I have a load of Word and Excel files that were created with MS Office 2003.

I no longer have the 2003 version of Office but only the 2000 version.

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to view these files with MS Office 2000? Or would it be a case of being able to view the files but only with the 2000 capabilities which would be fine as I didn't use any particularly advanced features with the files and so hopefully there won't be any issues.

Thanks.

Hi
Have you tried viewing them?

As far as I know you shouldn't have any problems so long as you aren't using features introduced in office 2003 that 2000 won't understand.

The exception is likely to be Access but I've only had Office 2003 for a week and haven't explored it greatly!!

;-)
If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong? [ponder]
How do I get the best answers?

I second what Loomah says - you shouldn't have a problem but it is possible that some features won't be available and that if you edit and save your documents in Word 2000 you could permanently lose some things.

If you do only want to view you should be OK. If not, you could try the Word 2003 Viewer

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

Professional Office Developers Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back