Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing files in FTP session using Microsoft IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2budd

Technical User
May 15, 2001
GB
I have setup an ftp server using a HP-UX machine.
Connecting via DOS and using the user/password anonymous and email address I can see the files on the FTp server using ls.

However on using Microsoft IE or an FTP package such as Cute FTP or WS_FTP I can not view any files once I have connected.

I know that the files are there because I can see them from within Unix and a DOS ftp session. I can create directories using the Cute FTP and directory and all files are all 777 However I still can not see the files within Microsoft IE.

Any ideas ? I have looked for the answer am sure that I will kick myself but I am stuck with this one.

Cheers

Once you have the ftp site open in IE, right click on the open white space, and click login as, then select login anonymously and click Login.

Thanks for that. I have tried as you suggest but after logging in as user anonymous I still can not see any files.
I used anonymous as the login name and my email address as the password. No error was given just an empty space where the files should be. However on using the DoS command line the files can be see using ls.

This is a bit confusing.

In IE, check Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, 'Enable folder view for FTP sites'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back