Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing crystal reports offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm not very familar with Crystal Reports, but I have spent almost a day reading docs and searching on the web for solutions.

I have CR7.0 and I want to generate a report I can email (or put on a floppy) to send to someone who can view the report. I've trying outputing/exporting to HTML and Word, but they just don't provide enough detail. I really need the person who is going to look at the report to have the drilldown capability of the CR viewer.

Perhaps I just don't understand correctly how to distribute reports. I was hoping there would be a simple free viewer like Adobe Acrobat to allow anyone to view a crystal report without having to connect via the web.

Actually I dont have the answer for problem, but i have a problem i used to write programs, but my boss needs to intgrate Crystal reports with my program, my problem is i want to select a certain record in my databse to display to my the crystal report. Thank you

Hello Peter,

I am not sure if there is an offline viewer for this. What u will have to do is to host these reports on a particualr server and send the URL to the client.

Another way is to Package and Deploy all the necessary files eg. activex viewer and send it accross to him. But I do not think u will be able to do this in floppy.

Gwenx, Could you please explain your problem in detail

happy reporting

Hey,

I just found something. There is an offline viewer that is distributed with there software. I am not sure whether we can seperately distribute that file. Still checking

Happy Reporting

Peter,

You can compile the report using "Report - Compile Report" and distribute it with the runtime engine to the user, with saved data. See faq149-277 for info on the compile feature. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back