Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing Crystal Report from CF page

Status
Not open for further replies.

accuransx

Programmer
Sep 23, 2000
MY
I've installed Crystal Report Application Server 9.2 and running CF Server 4.5 but i can't view my .rpt file through IE5. Anybody can help?

I actually put a button on a CF screen which launches an ASP page (because I had a parameter to pass). You really should not need RAS to do it this way --- just Crystal 9 Developer on the server.

Within the CF where I preview a Purchase order I have:
---
<cfoutput> <a href=&quot;Menu.cfm&quot;>Back To Menu</a>
<form action=crysrep\PurchaseOrder-dynamic.asp?PO_Number=#URL.PO_Number# method=&quot;POST&quot; name=&quot;parmform&quot;>
<p align=&quot;center&quot;>
<input type=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;B1&quot; value=&quot;View & Print Purchase Order Form&quot; onClick=&quot;openreportwindow(this.form)&quot;>
</p>
</cfoutput>
----
Then the asp page you see referenced can be done straight off of Crystal Decision's examples that come with the product. I 'cheat' and use a product called Re-Crystallize' to create the page, then modify it to our standards. If you need help with this page - let me know

Jim

Thank you for your help Jymm...at last there is someone

Actually, i've done all these in my previous project, but just lost. Previously, i called a .rpt file just by giving an URL like or BUT before we can do that, I did a few thing on CF Admin page, somethin to do with setting a folder for the viewers ( i guess?) and after checking that the CF Server and the Crystal Report Server are running, my reports can be viewed by any browser with any viewer i choose, complete with zoom, print, save, buttons etc.

Can anybody guide me on how to setup CF Server to work with Crystal Reports Server and how to install the viewers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back