Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing as Date Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcarpenter

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
GB
When I try to view files as DATE ORDER in a folder in Windows ME, it shows oldest first, in Win 98 it showed NEWEST first. I NEED to display NEWEST first in Windows ME, how can I do this? I want to view them in List format.

older systems had a -r for reverse. Maybe? Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

change the folder view to detail, then click on date on the top. If it is in the wrong order, click on date a second time. That should make it go the other way.

Thats all ok but I want to view the folder contents in LIST view which when changed to it, it is ok until I close and reopen the folder or reboot.

Have you tried changing the folder options in your computer?
Open root folder, then make it look the way you want.
Then open tools, and folder options, and tell it to change all the folders to look like the current view.
That should make all your folders open in the same manner.

As well as what drowland suggested, try what this Microsoft article suggests. Ignore the stuff about the open and save as boxes being sorted wrong and try the solution. I suppose you could insert List where it mentions Details.
---------------------------------------
Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted incorrectly. For example, files may be listed before folders, items may be sorted in descending order, and so on.

CAUSE--This behavior can occur if the sort order in Windows Explorer is changed from the default order.

RESOLUTION--To resolve this behavior, reset the default sort order:

-Right-click Start, click Explore, and then click drive C.
-On the View menu, click Details.
-Click the Name column to sort items by name, press and hold down the CTRL key, and then quit Windows Explorer by clicking Close in the upper-right corner of the screen.
-Release the CTRL key.
-Restart your computer.

NOTE: You must perform these steps exactly as they are listed. For example, do not quit Windows Explorer by clicking Exit on the File menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back