Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing already built reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
We just upgraded to Symposium 5.0 from Meridian Max two days ago and I have a question. My vendor tells me that if I build reports (which we built maybe 10 of them) I can now only view those reports from the PC I built them on? Is this true? I hope not, or I'm going to have a very unhappy department head....Any help would be much appreciated..

You have a ton of reports already built. I think it is about 72 or so. To customize or schedule to print these reports you need to first save them with a different name. Then they are personalized for your needs and you can only get these on the computer you created it on. So, to have the same reports on different computers you'll need to go to each one and create it or you can use Crystal Reports to make custom reports.

Just remember you have a lot of Public reports but you cant schedule them or change them.

You can save a Public report as a private report, so you can edit and schedule to print, but the private report is only on the PC your created on.

Earl

Oh well, thank you. I will need to set up a Crystal report here and see how that goes. I will have to find out how to set up Crystal to extract what they specifically want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back