Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing after deploying report

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlardieri

MIS
Dec 5, 2003
Hi

As a newbie to SSRS I have been struggling with a report that I had to create for MGMT. I have to fit 100 columns and to have it print only on 8.5 x 11 paper (landscape).( I am exaggerating a bit on the columns)
Its width is 11in and I use every inch of it to fit my sales numbers, but when I preview it the data in all the columns looks like it fits but after I deploy it and view it on Report Manger I have some columns that now are not wide enough to fit my data.

Any suggestions/comments would be so helpful.

Thanks
Hope

Someone might have a better solution, but I've seen this a lot in the past. I think the issue is that the deployed version is rendered by your browser using HTML. The preview version is similar to the Report Viewer control in .Net. So the rendering will not be exact. I usually have to end up tweaking the report a bit. You might try decreasing the padding in your cells if you haven't done so already.

I had a similar problem a while back - I made the columns as wide as needed & had the users export to Excel (if they REALLY needed to print) and had them print from Excel when appropriate. For my administration - most of the time seeing the data was better than printing it... ;) my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back