Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing a report using a specific Cache Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

acarruth

Programmer
Sep 7, 2003
US
Hi,

I’m writing a small java program that incites all the cache servers in a BOE deployment to cache the first page of a particular report instance (for performance reasons). I’ve tried this programmatically, but have had no success. I know that generally a cache server is chosen at view time based on a round-robin algorithm.. do you think this means that it is impossible to dictate which cache server should be used, even by the use of server groups? I tried with server groups but it always goes to the first cache server first, even if I set the report instance (InfoObject) to specifically use a server group that contains a different cache server.

I know its slightly obscure and deep into the product, but does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back