Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing a parent class' method code from a child class

Status
Not open for further replies.

volfreak

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
US
All,

Let's say I have a "class" that has custom methods with my own code. When I am looking in a subclass object, is there any way I can see what the code is in the parent class? A couple of years ago, Powerbuilder had a nice feature that one could view the parent class' code but I have not found anything similar in VFP.

Thanks,

As far as I know, there is no way to "view" the parent class code without opening the parent class.

In VFP7, the property window shows "Inherited" instead of "Default" for those, which helps immensely in remembering to include that DODEFUALT() command. :eek:)

Good luck!

Ian

For VFP 5.0, Ken Levy (before he was with Microsoft) offered a SuperCls utility that would do this - it's still available at the UT (
In VFP 6.0 / 7.0, you can use the Class Browser to open a form or class, then right-click on it in the left window and choose Select ParentClass. You can view the code at any level and "walk-up" the class hieracrchy as far as you want.

Rick

Rick;

We did it again...

Ed Please let me know if the sugestion(s) I provide are helpful to you.
Sometimes you're the windshield... Sometimes you're the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back