Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Viewing a Crystal Report via an ASP Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halliarse

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
GB
Good Afternoon

I hope this is the correct forum, if not please let me know!

I want to view an existing Crystal report from within an ASP web page. I also need to pass a parameter to that Crystal Report.

The .rpt has been included within the application.

I have added both a view and source to my ASP page as below:

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" Height="1000px" Width="1000px" ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" />
<CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server" ></CR:CrystalReportSource>

My code behind is as follows:

Imports CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine
Imports CrystalDecisions.Shared
Imports CrystalDecisions.Web

Dim CR As New ReportDocument
CR.Load("~/" & ReportID)

Dim crParameterDiscreteValue As ParameterDiscreteValue
Dim crParameterFieldDefinitions As ParameterFieldDefinitions
Dim crParameterFieldLocation As ParameterFieldDefinition
Dim crParameterValues As ParameterValues

crParameterFieldDefinitions = CR.DataDefinition.ParameterFields

crParameterFieldLocation = crParameterFieldDefinitions.Item("SalonID")
crParameterValues = crParameterFieldLocation.CurrentValues
crParameterDiscreteValue = New CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterDiscreteValue
crParameterDiscreteValue.Value = 1
crParameterValues.Add(crParameterDiscreteValue)
crParameterFieldLocation.ApplyCurrentValues(crParameterValues)

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = CR

The code behind falls over on the highlighted line, the stack trace is a sbelow:

[COMException (0x80041811): Unsupported Operation. A document processed by the JRC engine cannot be opened in the C++ stack.]
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +138
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +546

[CrystalReportsException: Load report failed.]
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +647
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +1800
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) +180
Snip_IT.ViewReport.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Snip-IT\Snip-IT\ViewReport.aspx.vb:113
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Any assistance or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back