Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

viewing a complete .fla file

Status
Not open for further replies.

artnat

Programmer
Jun 16, 2006
US
Hi
I am trying to do corrections on a fairly large .fla file (10MG) that a friend bought as a template. Unfortunately, although when you publish the .swf file you can see everything, this .fla with some 20 timelines you can only see general block movements not the content photos. I have done simple flash with 5 overlapping timelines but everything was visible and easy to sort out. My questions:
a) Is this .fla OK or is it busted?
b) If a) is in the affirmative what do I have to do to see the various pieces?
c) Is there any sort of hidden tags on the timelines that tell you what "symbols" or library pieces it is using?
And last but not least:
d) Can Flash files be converted to Aftereffects or some how used professionally in video titling?
Thanks

Firstly, I'm having trouble understanding the problem, it sounds like your trying to move photos around on the stage but when you publish it, you don't see those images, you just see empty frames.. Can you publish swf to web?
If this is the case, look at the stage and check the property inspector to find out which images it's trying to reference and check them against the library.
You mentioned that the fla is around 10mb, what size is the resulting swf?
Also, you mentioned that this was a purchased template, surely this came with a guide informing you how to easily customize??
and in answer to c) you can export your fla to a variety of video formats that can be used with after-effects, directly from flash, although I'd just recommend using AE to achieve the effect directly rather than using Flash, although it should work fine.

digitalpencil

Hi
Actually it is the reverse when I read in .swf it is fine but when I press play in .fla it is just weird boxes with none of the photos is should contain.
Re: Aftereffects I heard that Flash is no good because it isn't interlaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back