Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

view user space usage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdeans

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2000
CA
It has been a while since I needed to view user space usage to determine who may be using way more disk space than needed. I used NWadmin to look at volume properties of a Netware 4 server. You could specify a user or all users in an OU and view their current usage. I believe that I could specify limits on the same menu. What utility will allow the same function on a Netware 6 server?

Not sure, but try Console One. NORM, uh, excuse me, iManager will let you look at total volume space usage, but I don't think it will let you look based on a per user basis.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

if you go to on the VOLUMES section there are tons of things you can see about your volumes. Who is hogging the space, who has the biggest files, who downloaded all the MPEG's.. etc.

Note that you need to click on the liittle white icon next to the volume name.. if you just click on the volume name, you'll see a directory listing.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Thanx Marv. You have helped me out many times in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back