Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View properties with Corel 8 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

CritterLover

Programmer
Jul 21, 2003
US
I've got a program I'm writing which brings up a Corel 8 file for dialog about a family (it could be pages long). This file is linked to a family which has a sequential number so the file is named something like fam01, fam02, etc to correspond to the family. When accessing this file outside of the program (that I'm writing) these file names are meaningless so I've put the name (Jones, John) in the subject, description, everywhere I can think of within the properties of Corel 8 and Windows. When in the file open dialog box through Corel or looking at it with Explorer, I access the properties and say to view subject or summary (I'm trying them all). It's always blank and it also doesn't view these columns next time I look in that subdirectory again. In the Corel help it says that it's using Windows for the 'file> open>' functions so I'm thinking this is a Window issue. How can I use some property so that the user can view a short description of something useful, ie: John Jones when going to open the file? This is using Windows 200 (although it's possible other Windows versions might also be used) I'd like to see something like the following:

File Size Type Modified Subject
fam21.wpd 1304 KB Corel WordPerfect 5/1/04 1:10am John Jones
fam22.wpd 940 KB Corel WordPerfect 4/30/04 1:05pm Ann Smith

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back