Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View data in table rows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fresh

Technical User
Sep 14, 2000
US
Please for give my ignorance with Oracle, I'm new... I've worked with SQL Server in the past and have used SQL Enterprise Manager to view rows, columns and data in specific tables. Is there something like that in Oracle Enterprise Manager? Using SQL commands I can display this info using SQL Worksheet but was wondering if there was a graphical way to see this info and make edits to table data. I'm currently using Oracle 7.x

Thanks

Hello Fresh,

Quest software have a whole range of tools for ORACLE and DB2. For ORACLE I would recommend TOAD VII for which you can buy additional modules for DBA , PL/SQL .....

However , the standard TOAD gives you already enormous functionality. Editing a table is just like changing the field-contents and clicking on the commit button.

TOAD is a bit of an swiss army knife, sql navigator is more of a specialized tool. T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

I also use Toad and even the free version is great. Another option if you want to make things really easy for yourself is to link to Oracle through Access (recommend 2k as 97 times out rather annoyingly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back