Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View crystal reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdafni

MIS
Jan 18, 2005
CY
Hi,

I have created some reports using Crystal Reports 11 Dev. using ODBC for Client Access (IBM AS400). Now I want the users (mainly Windows xp) to view, refresh and print the reports without having Crystal Reports. Is it possible? I tried export to Excel or Word RTF but it doesn't refresh the data. Do I need to create a form and integrate them with VB? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
mdafni

Actually, since you simply need a viewer program, CUT Light and Visual CUT are not the best choices. DataLink Viewer would be a better fit (as well as any of the other viewers listed at the link provided by dgillz).

A Crystal 11 version of DataLink Viewer is now available for beta testing.

Alternatively, since you have the developer version of Crystal, you can create your own viewer.

Cheers,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thank you all for your help.

Ido suggested that I could create my own viewer as well. Any tips on how I can do it? Can someone like me (who is new at Crystal) develop it or should I just look and buy a viewer from the list you gave me?

Thanks
mddafni

If you have experience with some kind of programming language, then perhaps you could attempt to write your own. If not, then Ido's DataLink Viewer is a great choice, pound for pound.

-dave

Mdafni,

I would also recommend Ido's viewer. I have installed it at a client's site, and they are very happy with it. It is inexpensive, and was no trouble at all to set up.

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back