Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View CallPilot Reporter database using MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjanzen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
Has anyone tried connecting to the cprpt.db database using MS Access via ODBC?

Within Access, when I attempt to "Get External Data" (for either Import or Link Tables), I select the File Type of ODBC Databases. When the Select Data Source screen comes up, I click on the Machine Data Source tab and then select "cprpt" as the Data Source. When the "ODBC Configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere" screen comes up, I just hit OK. The MS Access error message appears:

"ODBC--call failed. [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] Invalid user authorization specification: Integrated logins are not permitted (#-205) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr Failes (#0)"

Is there any way around this? Am I missing some login info someplace?

I have searched through the threads and I cannot find any similar discussion. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks.

If you copy the cprpt.db file outside of system, can you open it with a robust text editor and see the data? I'm not sure what format that is (it's a Paradox :)

I'm not sure you need to use ODBC Databases to link to it - just try to link to it as if it was text? But I wouldn't link to it live, I'd run a periodic copy of the file and link to that.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back