Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View and access only own records, and not the records by others on SharePoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2021
CA
Request for your help and support on this issue.

I am creating a SharePoint List for collecting student information which is getting filled with the data collected through an App made on PowerApps. For adding data to the SharePoint List, I need to grant access to the app (as a user) and to the SharePoint List as (edit access) and I have done that.
Although the system is working fine, I want that when a student logs in to SharePoint, he should be able to view and access only his record, and not the records by other students.

I have tried changing the filtering of details based on Modified By or Created By, but that only changes the view. The student still has access to the records by other students in the list. I want he/she should be able to view and access only his record, and not the records by other students in the SharePoint list.

Looking forward to your support in resolving this challenge.

May want to try forum820, this is the Microsoft Exchange forum.

Mark

"You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle."
- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

extraordinary article, bless your heart! I might likewise want to encourage you to focus on the likelihood to purchase essay help online today. The central concern in this matter is to find truly qualified scholars from online administrations who will adapt to any theme without literary theft and on time utilizing genuine sources. So your work will be finished on schedule and you will save your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back