Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

View '($All)' does not exist 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurg

MIS
Oct 26, 2001
CH
On opening some of our old Notes databases (with 4.6.x design) in Notes 5.x and 6.x, I am getting the message "View '($All)' does not exist". However the view is there and the access to the database works as usual.

Since we still have a number of Notes 4.6.x clients we cannot upgrade the database design to version 5 or 6.

How can we avoid this error message? Your help will be much appreciated.

What I think is happening here is that ($All) is a hidden view as it has the brackets around the view name. Perhaps you are trying to display a view in a frameset that specifies the view ($All) and your actual view name is $All. They look like they are the same but the brackets make the difference. To reference a hidden view you need to put the brackets in. Otherwise if the view is not hidden leave them out.

Hope this helps

It was not exactly what you suggested, but your hint helped me finding the cause of the problem: According to the design synopsis, the initial view of a Navigator was set to ($All). However in the property box of the Navigator in the designer, the field "Initial View or Folder" was empty.
After filling in a value, the error message disappeared! Weird, but it worked.
Since I did the modification in the designer version 5.x, I'll have to test access with a version 4.6 client, tomorrow.

Thank you again for the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back