Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Videos won't play on IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadChough

Programmer
Dec 20, 2007
GB
Today ie7 will not play videos. I've tried .flv files and watching YouTube vidoes, but in neither case does the player appear onscreen.
Both will run, no problem, on FF.
I have latest versions of Shockwave and Flash Player installed.
YouTube insists that I
"either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."
which is not the case.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

I have now installed IE8 with the thought that this would overcome the problem, but it hasn't.
I have set the Security to Default, having tried various options.
What could the problem be?

Errrrmmm....Yes.
I've just done a Google on this problem and found that lots of others have had the same problem, and lots have had a hell of a time trying to sort it out.
I'm goint to try advice at
in the hope something there will help.
Thanks for taking an interest, Dian.

I've just had a look in ie8/Manage Addons and not that there is no mention of Flash or Shockwave there.
Shouldn't there be? and if so
How so I get IE to link to them?

Thanks smah. I tried that without succes, so I have uninstalled various programs, used a restore point prior to updating Flash Player about 4 weeks ago, and that has solved the problem.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back