Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Website Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
Hello. I have experience in Web Application and Desktop application development. However, my church wants a website where we can post videos of our weekly sermons. Each month we would put new video's out there for people to view. Sort of like an on demand site.

Is there a place to get a good web template that has most of the presentation and controls already in place? I just want to easily change logos, pictures and verbiage to customize it to our organization.

Any direction would help.

Thanks in advance,

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Thank you so much Chris for getting back to me so quickly. I actually have downloaded a number of WordPress themes thinking they would have all the controls/widgets already in place. I was told WordPress was the way to go. It appears they only have CSS and some divs with some text. It looks like they take some considerable configuration to do before they look like they do in the demo.

I was looking for some websites or blogs that already had the video viewer built in. Also with functionality that would allow you to click a video in a gallery list and load that movie.

I know that sounds like the easy way out but I am trying to do this with minimal effort.

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

I suspect you don't want to hide the video under a bushel.

Why not use a service like YouTube and embed YouTube's player in your web page? By posting on YouTube, your video is discoverable by more than people who just wander on to your domain.

You can still make a video gallery page that links to individual pages, where you have embedded YouTube players.

That's the way it is pretty much pre-made templates, they come as a layout that you have to "tweak" for yourself. For one that is going to be exactly right will come with a price tag.

With WordPress pretty much everything is configurable from the dashboard so you can get by with the minimum of CSS and HTML knowledge.

There are video gallery 'plugins' ( for example some free, some commercial you try a few ... Then decide which suits your needs.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back