Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video.trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron40

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
US
I have a HP pavillion 6623 system,having problems with the video. I can't get it to stay on the new video card, it keeps switching back to the old setting. I've done a total format the reinstall everything , done a system restore pulled the video card out and reseated it , I also uninstalled the old one . So now need to know the procedure for disabling the onboard video ? Maybe that solve my problem ? The video card is a Geforce 2 32meg.

which operating system? If you cannot disable the onboard from the bios then try disabling from device manager.

Depending on the age of the MOBO, you may have a hardware jumper to disable the onboard video as opposed to it being in the BIOS. If this is the case, the onboard video will always override the add-on card. Check your MOBO documentation, or if not available, the manufaturer site. Good luck, and Happy Computing

Adding a new video card in windows XP on a HP Pavilion
that has the on-board i810/i815 chip set.
1. click start and right click my computer
2. click the hardware tab, and then click the device
manager button.
3. click view and then show hidden devices.
4. click the (+) sign next to display adapter category
to expand it.
5. select a 82810 or 82815 graphics controllers under display adapters and click disable, click ok to confirm
6. continue to disable all the graphic controllers until all are disabled. Do not restart the computer until all controllers are disabled.
7. turn the computer off.
8. install the new video card and software using the instructions that came with the video card.
abeza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back