Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video/Sound stick at a point in timelime

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpolicy

Programmer
Apr 30, 2007
US
Hello,

I'm a bit new with Premiere 7 but I havent had this problem yet. My video in the timeline just snags at a point and repeats the snaged point through out the rest of the video. The video before that works just fine. It seams as if it only reads so much of the video. Is there a setting i'm missing some where?

-Thanks

Could be a corrupt clip. Try recapturing the offending clip.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think its a corrupt clip because the file plays fine on the "clip viewer" in Premiere and outside of Premiere as well. I have two different clips both about 1 hour long each. When imported to Premiere they both "stop/snag" at the same point in time.

I captured the video from Windows Vista and i'm running adobe Premiere 7 Pro. I would of just captured the video using Premiere but that part of Premiere has a problem with Vista from what I understand.

If you can think of another way to capture video using free software that might help.

Thanks again.

It is possible that your version of Premiere Pro needs Type 2 (Open DML) AVI files. Some other applications capture Type 1 files, which Premiere truncates at around (from memory) 1 or 2Gb (4.5 or 9 minutes).

Clips played in a clip window do so using Windows resources, which may explain why the clips play OK there, but not on the timeline.

GSpot is a free utility (Google for it) which will allow you to check the CODEC of your AVI files, including whether it is Open DML or not.

If my guess is correct, offers one possible way to convert to Type 2 with a 30-day free trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back