Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Scaling on Timeline WHY???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sking22

Programmer
Jul 6, 2010
US
I drag a clip into the preview box (left screen box) and it looks fine. I drag it to the timeline and when I see it in the preview window (right screen box) it's blown up and cropped. The whole video is there but I have to resize it manually to get the whole shot. Any ideas why? I checked the settings but have no idea.

For a more detailed example, I have a shot of a guy with a lot of white space around him in the preview (this is correct). Once on the timeline it blows up and it's just his face in the shot. If I click on the preview I can grab the corners and resize down so I get my white space back. WHERE IS THE DARN SETTING?

Thanks!

It sounds like your source material is much larger than the frame size for your timeline.

I assume you are using one of the Premiere Pro versions. Scale to Frame Size (with variations in the exact words) is a tick box in General Preferences. When ticked, it will fit material to the frame size of the timeline, but you can always still use Motion to re-scale later if you wish because it is a non-destructive scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back