Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spudman

Technical User
Mar 18, 2001
US
One day window could not find System.ini file! Had to re-setup windows 98a. It automatically loaded a generic video driver from windows instead of the needed SiS 530 AGP VGA driver for ASUS P5-99VM Super7 Motherboard. Tried to install over the windows driver but will not take effect. How do I get the windows generic driver off and SiS 530 driver on. currently I can only display 16 colors!!!!! What a drag!!!!!!! :-(

remove the drivers installed, reboot and add the correct driver as it finds the video card. there are several ways to add drivers, but this is simple.

X-)

May require you to run setup from the drivers section. If at first you don't succeed, keep trying, of the 10 or so ways to load the drivers, the one that will work will be the last one you would ever think of. Royal PITA.
Some sis require you to upgrade the other devices error labeled driver and on the upgrade the error is removed and the vga is replaced. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

How do I remove the windows video drivers?

start, settings, control panel, system, device mangler, expand video, hilite driver, remove.
May also be in misc devices as unknown device. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back