Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphariusOmegon

Technical User
Jun 15, 2009
US
i have a system within my care, and i have found a problem i have not encountered before. as the pic shows, there is a problem visually. to top it off, when i tried to use the mouse and keyboard, neither one would respond. any ideas as to what happenned, or how to fix it?

OH, i forgot to let you know what the system has.
it is running XP64, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA 7200GS 128MB video, Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, and ASUS P5GPL-X board.

The Problem with the video card may be causing windows to just freeze. Which is why Mouse and Keyboard are unresponsive.

Does it happen in safe mode? If it doesn't happen in safe mode, then maybe the driver got corrupted, you'll need to uninstall it and maybe look for a more up to date one.

If it happens in safe mode too, then I'd try a different video card.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back