Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video problems with SGI Indy workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainima

Technical User
Oct 25, 2002
US
I just got an SGI Indy workstation recently and wanted to plug it into my 8 port KVM switch box and use my existing KDS AV7T monitor, mouse and keyboard with it. I can't seem to get any video when I switch to the indy though. I am using a 13W3 to VGA converter and VGA cable connected to the KVM switch box. I can't get video when I plugh the AV7T directly into the back of the Indy either. I know the video is working because I plugged a monitor at work into it using the adapter and that worked. Any ideas?

You might try another video cable, or check for pushed pins.
Also I think you meant SVGA, yes?

Also get a multi meter and an accurate pin out, and Ohm out the cable.

We have lots of indys, it amazes me how tempermental those video cards are. and expensive.

I've also got a indy workstation but not the special monitor it requires to connect it to.

Does anyone know of any adaptor/circuit board which will allow you to connect a indy workstation to a normal pc monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back