Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video out: preview monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bytemaster34

Programmer
May 22, 2003
CA
Hi

I was curious as to whether Premiere has any plug-ins or special drivers that would allow me to use my video card's "video-out" plug to display the timeline preview monitor. (Normally in top-right)

I've used systems where Premiere recognized the capture box and somehow only sent it the output of the video, not the entire screen. Granted, this was a higher-end system.

I just wondered if I could use my consumer video-card with 'little yellow jack' on the back for the same thing. Some cards (ATI) have a "theatre-mode" which in which Windows Media Player will output only the video, not the entire screen. However, this didn't work in Premiere.

It would be nice to see what the video looks like on an actual NTSC monitor as I edit it, instead of printing to video.

Thanks

Hi there
Sorry, no experience with graphics cards.
Alternatives, though..............

I hooked up a NTSC TV monitor directly to my DV camcorder; when playing from timeline or from preview monitor in premiere, rendered in P6, unrendered in P6.5 the signals automatically "drag" through my firewire card.

I'm not sure, however, how it works with a capture card.

To be sure, use the save zones in the preview monitor, to ensure the picture or titles will not be cutoff when playing back on a TV monitor.

Good luck

FcotW

"Life's too short, why worry..?"

i use my camcorder throu firewire buecase it does export if from the timeline then i send the through the camcorder out the RCA's on the camcorder to a video monitor so that way i can alway see what i'm doing on my timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back