Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video input card for a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCCSteve

Technical User
May 18, 2006
US
Does anyone know of a external card with a BNC input that will allow a laptop to be used as a test monitor for a standard NTSC video format on a CCTV system.
I help maintain our camera system. At my old job we had small testing monitors for focusing cameras, but I'm just wondering if there is a cost effective alternative that would allow the use of a laptop I already have.

Thanks.

something like this along with an adapter from BNC to CINCH or SVideo...

DIGITUS High resolution video grabber with MPEG 4 support

or

DIAMOND One Touch Video Capture USB 2.0 VC500 USB 2.0 Interface - Retail

Adapter:

BNC Female to Phono Plug Adapter

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Nothing I could find was cheaper than a $99 LCD monitor...unless you do as Ben suggests and use an adapter. If it's just one camera system you're monitoring I would think a dedicated display would be more convenient anyway.

Tony

Users helping Users...

What I'm looking for is a cheap way to use my small laptop as a focusing monitor, rather than spend the money on an actual test monitor. There are actually about 75 cameras & it's easier to focus a fixed camera locally than it is to try & have someone at the head-end communicating adjustments to you. I think something like what Ben suggested will work, but I'm going to look around a little more.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back