Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video image distortion in Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWH

Programmer
May 15, 2000
US
Strangest thing. Just got a new CRT - Viewsonic A70f - hooked it up and powered on. During early stages of boot, all looked well. Windows splash screen fine. When Win2K itself started, a distortion of the upper 1/2" of the image appeared: the image narrows and widens several times in those top rows of pixels. Scrambles all info in that part of the image. The problems persists thru changing display properties, updating driver from Viewsonic website.
The problem does NOT occur in safe mode, but if I change display settings to 640X480 8BPP in Win2K the problems stays. Must be a software/firmware problem, but it's got me stumped. Viewsonic has been unresponsive for a day, and I've got to decide whether I want to return this to the dealer pretty soon.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back