Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video device failed for fullscreen mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongtl

MIS
Sep 5, 2002
MY
When I using the ICA client at my DOS PC, every time I try to show full screen on DOS program (press Alt-Enter key), I got error message. "The Video Device failed to initialize for fullscreen mode."

What does it mean? How can I make the DOS full screen at my ICA client machine?

This articles from Microsoft

Error Message: The Video Device Failed to Initialize for Fullscreen Mode

SYMPTOMS
If you start a 16-bit MS-DOS-based program during a Terminal Services client session in which the client computer is connected to a Windows 2000-based server that is running Terminal Services in Application Server mode, you may receive the following error message:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem - The video device failed to initialize for fullscreen mode. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

CAUSE
This issue occurs because 16-bit MS-DOS-based programs that are installed on Windows 2000-based servers are set to run in Full-Screen mode by default, but MS-DOS windows cannot open in Full-Screen mode during a Terminal Services session. For additional information about MS-DOS windows in Terminal Services client sessions, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
192190 MS-DOS Window Does Not Allow Full-Screen Option

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue:
1. Open the properties of the shortcut to the MS-DOS-based program.
2. On the General tab, click to clear the Read-only check box if it is selected.
3. Click the Screen tab, click Window, and then click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back