Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video conferencing with MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValW

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2002
AU
I have been using MSN messenger V5 with XP Pro for videoconferencing with a friend for the past week. He has the same version but on XP Home. All worked well until the session hung and now when we connect there is no video from his end. I get a camera icon with a red cross through it but he gets normal video. Audio is fine. The camera (logitech pro3000) works as it shold with other software. In the session menus - "View/Stop sending video" cannot be unchecked.
We have checked all configuration areas but cannot resolve it. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks..

Recalibrate the video part If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

There are several possibilities: one of the files needed for video transmission on his computer is corrupted OR there is a firewall in place that is blocking the signals. In the former instance, I would suggest removing MSN Messenger then reinstalling it (you might find help in doing this at the AND in the latter research the ports that needs to be opened for video transmission -- plenty of sites on the Web -- and configure those ports appropriately. I am noting that you state that things were working at first, just remember the slightest change could cause instances like this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back