Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Conf 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack27

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
GB
Hi all

We have a remote lim with 1 ISDN extn configured on it, we are thinking putting a VC unit( Polycom V500) ideally using 512K for calls.
I could program up an additional 3 ISDN's on the switch(BC13) as are there are free ports on the card as it would be a cheaper option than purchasing 3 BRI's from a Telco provider.
Would this work are do the units require BRI NTE's to interface with the Polycom?

Thanks

Mack

Are you using ELU28/3 w/S0 adapter or ELU26?

Either way, your BRI's are 4 wire and therefore no other interface is needed between the extension and the Polycom BRI module. If you have the option on the Polycom, let it autodetect the SPIDs.

As for successful calling, you need to make sure your trunks are set up to allow data calls both on the telco side (local provider and LD carrier), and in the bearer capacity for the routes to be used.

I've done it successfully w/ both el28 and el26's.

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Thanks they are ELU26's, sorry be stupid but in reality you are saying we can just jumper up 4 wires BRI as extns and plug straight into the Polycom BRI module?

Thanks

Mack

Yup!

At the time I did it, the BRI's were in a 3LIM lab switch (BC11) which was networked via DPNSS to a 61 LIM production system (BC9.0E).

Calls from the BRI went to a PRI in the main system connected to a Madge/Teleos M200 and routed to a telco PRI dedicated to video (H.320).

I also had dual extensions on the 61 LIM systems connected to Polycom, Intel ProShare, and Vcon units.

Piece o' cake ;-)

Good luck,

Dave Strang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back