Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video Card problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

m99wacko

Technical User
Feb 5, 2001
US
Ok when I turn on my PC i have this message on my screen saying
SELF TEST
YOUR MONITOR IS WORKING FINE
CHECK YOUR VIDEO CABLE AND PC
I have checked both things and still can't get it to work. Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks

Monitor is telling you that the video card is not putting any signal to the monitor. Video card or chip may be blown. But you get the same error when the CPU doesn't power up correctly. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

do you get output to your keyboard ( num lock going on and off when you press it?). if yes then your CPU is OK and you have a video card issue. try plugging the video card back in. If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

If it is an AGP card, make sure the card is pushed tightly into the slot. I had the same problem before and that fixed it.

Ok when I turn on the PC my keyboard light flash for a second and thats it. I press the num lock and the caps lock but I get no response.

I also had this problem with a non-working 3.3v output from the power supply. If the video card is OK (try it in another PC if you can) then this is your next thing to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back