Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video card/monitor causing Flickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBSSP

Programmer
Apr 1, 2002
US
Hi everybody. I'm stumped on a small problem. When I am on the web or working on documents, my screen will start to blur or fuzz the text and pics. This doesn't happen when I play games. Could this be a video sync problem? Jay [infinity]
"If the words up and down were reversed, would you trip and fall or trip and fly?"

The best way to know is to borrow another monitoe and video card. Swap the monitor first and see if that does the trick (if it stops flicking, it the monitor) if it is still flicking try swapping the video card, if it still flicks get back to me.

Try changing the refresh rate on your monitor

It would really help if you told us if what we suggested worked. :(

I apologize, I'm usually very good about replying. I'm in the process of scrounging up a monitor for test purposes. I think it may be the monitor. The refresh rate makes no difference.

Thank you for the ideas thus far, it is appreciated. Jay [infinity]
"If the words up and down were reversed, would you trip and fall or trip and fly?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back