Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video card installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
i have a gateway 5oose, 5oomh, 128 ram pc100, 10gb hard drive,amd-k6-2 3d now. i dont know what kind of motherboard
i have,but it has the trident blade video intergrated on it.
i want to add a cardexpert tnt2 pci 32mb video card. i tried disabling the trident blade in device manager and installing the cardexpert hardware and software. but when i reboot the pc it recognizes both video devices. i cant disable the trident blade integrated video. someone told me i have to go into the bios or jump the motherboard to disable the integrated video. i would appreciate any help.
thank you, rusty

Mangler will delete it now, but hardware will find it on next boot and reinstall it.
You should be able to delete it in BIOS. May be advanced settings, may be another section. Should be wherever you can disable com and parallel ports. Devices are called integrated peripherals. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back