Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VIDEO CAPTURING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
GR
Hi,

I'm trying to produce mpeg video files using my TV and my computer, but I have problems with the files. After the files are recorded, when I open them there is NO color and sound!! Does anyone know what configuration is wrong with that? Is it from the cable?? (I'm using the s-video) Or is it from the software?? (I'm using the Optibase MPEG composer)

I would appreciate quick replies,

thanks

Sam

If you are using Composer, make sure that in the Source you specified S-VIDEO since default is Composite.

David Lander

hey friend 1
i am stuck up in a project to automate the four wheeler where i want to integrate video through ccd cameras aptured thru tv tunner card please help me out

gaurav_badge@hotmail.com
gauravbadge@yahoo.com

- check that the audio from your tuner is connected to 'line in' of your sound card
- check that the tuner video is recorded in its native standard (NTSC or PAL)

record in 'VCD' mode, which is mpeg-1 in its most common form

go to these websites:
(go to "Tips and Advice" section)

I am using a Pinnacle tuner card, with Pinnacle software, and I am extremely satisfied with the result
I'm not using a vcr any longer for time shifting...

good luck

Hans J. Schaefer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back