Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

video capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthedark

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
I would like to build a computer early next year using really good (but not exhorbitantly expensive) components, including a DVD recorder (IF the industry can decide on a standard). I have pretty decent knowledge of components, but I am completely confused as to what type of video capture card I need and whether or not it will be compatible with the video card I get. I primarily will be taking video from old VHS and S-VHS tapes, Hi8 tapes, and DV camcorder and placing the movies onto DVD. I am not a Steven Spielberg and don't need a lot of fancy features, and I do not care to pay for speed. I have been looking at Dazzle's Digital Video Creator II, Dazzle's Hollywood Bridge, and Pinnacle's DV500 Plus, although the DV500's review at has kinda scared me off. I don't want to spend a lot of money (unless I absolutely have to) but want pretty good results. Thank you.

Hello there.....I have the ATI Radeon All-In-wonder.....I use it to record TV shows and then burn them into Video CD's.....I think this may be what you're looking for......It has TV or any other device IN as well as Out ...If you go with an AMD set up Id get the card with DDR ram........If you do make sure your MOBO supports it...I hope this helps.....Let me know...

My specs:
Epox 8K7A+ (Raid)
AMD T-Bird 1.4
512 DDR Ram (Crucial)
IBM Avero 7 40 GIG x 2 on a raid o
ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder 32mb DDR
56X CD Rom AOpen
16x DVD Hitachi

Hi there,
I had the same problem whilst making a ski video for general release. I ended up using Pinnacle Studio DC10+, using the boxed software to capture and export the final video back to S-VHS, and using Adobe Premier 5 to actually edit. It worked very well.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back