Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Video As Texture Over Mesh 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhaom

Programmer
Nov 25, 2002
IN
Hi,
Is there any sample on the web or a bit of source code to do the above. I want basically the 'Video (LIVE) coming from a source (like USB Webcam/Other Capture Device) to be loaded as a Texture over the 'Mesh (loaded from a .X file)'. Will appreciate any type of help in this regard.

Best Regards,
Sudhaom

Hi,

Did you already look at the folllowing DShow samples:

...\samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\Players\Texture3D
...\samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\Capture\PlayCap and more.

greetings Pjotr

Thanks Pjotr,
Yes already looked at Texture3D9 whic shows Live Video on a Waving Flag. But in my cases the Mesh Object plus the animation is to be loaded from a .X file.

So I got another sample MeshView from 'Direct3D Extras' and now I guess I need to combine both of these so as to get the desired result of 'mapping live video on an .x object as texture'.
Basically my problem is I am quite new to DirectX and trying to merge these 2 samples from almost 3 days but not able to sort it out. Therefore I asked for some sample/code already there of my choice.

Best Regards,
Sudhaom

Hi,

I am more skilled in the video part. I haven't used Direct3D that much. Not yet anyway.

Good luck,
Pjotr

you just have to load a .X object that use a texture. and when loading don't load the texture and create your own texture that you refresh with your video before using it with the loaded mesh.

Thanks,
Yes that's what I am trying.
Since I have been into DirectX programming recently, to combine Code of Direct3D MeshView ex. and DShow Texture3D9 ex. is a bit difficult.
Any way I am still working to finish it.

Best Regards
Sudhaom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back