Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vid Con Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModularIT

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
Hi all

I've got some Polycom HDX9002XL codec's I'm setting up to be directly accessible from external locations for point to point calls.

I've configured a public IP on our Cisco PIX to NAT to the internal IP of the codec's all traffic on ports 1718 (H.323), 1719 (UDP), 1720 (TCP, H.323), 3230-3235 (TCP), 3230-3253 (UDP)...

... but I still can't connect.

Has anyone had experience configuring routing for direct external connectivity with VC condec's (preferably Polycom) before? Can you give me any pointers on what I might be missing??

Thanks
Nick

Nick,

I run a Watchguard x750e.

I ended up just putting the 9001 on the outside ( public network) directly.

Now with the latest release of the WG firmware, they have a dedicated proxy just for VC. I haven't tested it yet but I plan on it.

Chris
IT Manager
Houston, Texas

Can't really help as I dumped h323 a few years ago. Why? Becuase it's an absoloute pig to get through firewalls!

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back