Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VIC2-4FXO compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscoccm

Technical User
Aug 14, 2008
MX
Hi

I have insterted a vic2-4fxo card on one of the VIC modules of the Cisco 2801 router. When the router starts up, i cant see the voice interface card on the show run screen.
It seems that the router do not recognize that Voice Interface Card. What else could be the problem?

Thanks in advanced.
Ing. Alfredo Zazueta

Your IOS image is too old. Upgrade to a newer version

The IOS image is the 12.3 running on my Cisco 2801.

Is these image too old?

Thanks in adnvanced
Alfredo Zazueta

I found this case very weird, because i have another Cisco 2801 with the IOS 12.3 and it detects the VIC2-4FXO with no problems.

The same card shows up in a different router? Also, the exact same image on both routers?

You may have to enable the card...can't remember how...controller t0/0/0, card-type VWIC, something like that...may have to Google...

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

As burtsbees said. The IOS version is the same on both routers, what about the feature set however? it might not support voice modules on the one that is recognized but not configurable.

Usually when you can see the module in "show diag" but cannot configure it, the issue is IOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back