Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VI Work Order Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarbyIT

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2017
US
Hello,

I am having a heck of a time getting Work Orders imported into Sage 100 v2014. We use Bill No's and Routing No's to auto populate the Operations and Materials tabs of the Work Order when we manually create a WO.

The VI Job kept failing due to the UMConversion field. After trying multiple different things, I wound up removing that field from the Data and Validation tabs of the VI Job. Once removed I am able to import data into the Header and Additional tabs of the Work Order. When I go to review the Work Order in Sage, I see the information I imported in the Header and Additional Tabs. However, when I go to the Operations or Material Tabs, no data is loading and if I am in the Operations Tab, it won't let me go to another tab until I enter information.

Is the auto generating during manual WO entry a programming feature that doesn't work with imports? If that is the case, does that mean I need to import the Operation Steps and Materials in separate imports?

If anyone can give me some pointers on what I need to do or how to build the VI Job to work correctly, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back