Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VI Web Deployment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnongkhlaw

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
IN
I have a debugged and functioning web project in a Win95 machine with Interdev 6 Enterprise, Frontpage Server Extensions and PWS installed. My project also has database connectivity to an Access97 database which is also stored in my development machine which has an I.P. address of 80.0.0.5. I have an NT4 Server in my LAN which is connected to my development machine and which is also configured as a Proxy Server with internal I.P. 80.0.0.11. IIS4 and FrontPage Server Extensions have also been installed in the NT machine.

I wanted to deploy my web project to my NT Server using the Deployment Explorer. I used as the target web. I could see the services, i.e., Server Components and Web Contents, Controls & Applets as nodes in Deployment Explorer. When I click Deploy button, it says (in Status bar) "Getting file xxx (where xxx are .htm, .asp etc. files) from Web Project".... But after a while, I get in task window the following error message :-

Failed to deploy a file("D:\Mark\VI Projects\elect2003\elet2003_Local\_private\DataEnvironment\DataEnvironment.ASA"): The web server returned the following error:Access denied.

I then tried to deploy another web project with only a .htm file, a .asp file and a stylesheet to the same NT Server. This project did not have any database connectivity.The deployment ran without a hitch, and I could browse the deployed site successfully.

Now, my questions :-

1. What might have gone wrong in the above scenario?

2. Do I need the MS Posting Acceptor 2.0 also to be installed in my target machine?

3. How can I find out whether MS Posting Acceptor 2.0 is already installed?

4. Can I deploy a web solution/project created in Interdev from my development work station which is behind a proxy server to another NT Server located outside my LAN?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back