Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VI - MAS 3.71 - Import IM_04 - Vendor# Truncated 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruken

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
I have created a VI Import job to repopulate IM_04 , The job works fine except for Customer or Vendor Numbers which contain characters that are not numeric (Letters)in these cases the first 2 characters are truncated.

ie. if Customer number is "0110899" import works fine

ie. if customer number is "H000328" the begining "H0" is truncated and only "00328" is imported.

Anyone know why this would happen ... also its not simply that letters are not imported because i have one test account which looks like this:

"EDI_WM" however the just the first "ED" is truncated resulting in an import of "I_WM".

Anyone have an idea what i can do to correct this ?

Thanks

Steven Yvinec-Kruyk
Ubisoft Canada

More MAS weirdness. What is happening is that the data dictionary is wrong. Here is the clue.

FILE NAME: IM.ALIAS DESCRIPTION: I/M Alias Item Number DATA FILE: IM_04 FILE TYPE: STANDARD

CUST_VEND_DIV ZERO-FILLED STANDARD YES 00 FILE NO AR.DIV
KEY EXPRESION: IM_04$(47,2)
CUST_VEND_NO ACCOUNT STANDARD YES LEN=0007 FILE NO AR.CUST
KEY EXPRESION: IM_04$(47,9)

Notice that the key expression is WRONG. It has the vendor number starting at 47 but notice that is where the division number is starting. So in the import file not only do you have to have a division number field but in the vendor number field you have to have the division number and the vendor number. The program is actually starting at position 3. So if your vendor number is H000328 in your file you have to have it as 00H000328

Good afternoon,

I just upgraded Mas 90 from version 4.05 to 4.20, and i am have problems with my Visual Integrator jobs that i had designed in 4.05.
I am trying to import General Journal entries and it is giving me an error at "Entry # " which is set to be assigned. The error it gives is " Entry # required"

Can anyone help me with this error?
Thanks
Pratap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back