Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VI client not efficient for two ESXi servers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

I'm running two ESXi boxes on my network. One is for my VMware test network that sits on "The Far Side" of a router and the other sits on a box that's on my live network. I'm using my VI client software to run both boxes but it's kind of kludgy moving from one ESXi box to another. Is there a way to easily move back and forth from one ESXi box to another without installing additional software on my workstation? If I do have to install another software package what should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Joe B

Not sure i understand the problem. Why can you not just connect to both with the vi client. You can open multiple copies of the client and connect to both at the same time. Or you can buy vc server software and manage them both from one console

nhidalgo,

So I can open VI client, connect to my test network, open another instance of VI client and connect to my live network? I guess I was just a little paranoid about messing something up by "experimenting" now that things are running quite smoothly.

Thanks,

Joe B

Thanks nhidalgo. This apparently was a fairly simple problem and it was fixed quite easily, but it's going to be a "tremendous" help to me so here's a star.

Thanks,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back