Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VGW QOS alarm messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Quick questions on the below procedure given to me by FirebirdScrambler a while back (please reference old post thread798-1755446). I have a CS1K 7.5 system so the below notes i made off to the right of steps 1-4 have been added to the procedure that i was hoping could be explained as i cant proceed past step #4. However using the same procedure on the callserver, does manage to work, but im not sure if im looking at the correct log files considering it may be different on the CS vice the SS. Any clarification would be great as i dont generally delve into the SS very often. thank you

1. Telnet into sigserver
2. Login with 'admin1' password ---- (dont have an admin1, "root" is my admin1, i do also have an admin2 but the commands for admin1 or "root" in my case are totally different than the commands available to admin2).
3. Switch to 'pdt' no password required ---- (switched to PDT by keying in pdtShell)
4. pdt> rdshow ( shows latest log files )---- (the rdshow command does not exist in 7.5 software, hence this is as far as i go)
Newest File Name : '/u/rpt/LOG00047.RPT'
File being viewed : '/u/rpt/LOG00046.RPT'
Capacity in bytes : 1000000
Capacity in records : 1315
Number of records = 1315
Oldest record = 0, logged at 08/06/05 11:25:42
Newest record = 1314, logged at 08/06/05 13:59:14
Current Record = 0
Display Increment = 10 records

5. Switch to rpt folder (cd /u/rpt) for 4.5 cd /e/rpt
6. LL to get list of current logs
size date time name

The Linux Base logs are found in the /var/log/nortel/linuxbase.log.
The SS common logs are in: /var/log/nortel/ss_common.log

command for example to look at the last 100 lines

tail --lines=100 /var/log/nortel/ss_common.log

A lot more info on logs in the "Troubleshooting Guide for Distributors Avaya Communication Server 1000 - NN43001-730" as there are more logs for the applications etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back