Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vgcfgrestore 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerudman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
ZA
I see with vgcfgrestore you only specify one physical disk to recover a volume group to, ie :
vgcfgrestore -n /dev/vg01 /dev/rdsk/c3t2d0

This is fine if there's only one disk attached to the volume group, but what would you do if your volume group consisted of more than one disk, say c3t2do and c3t3do? I can't find any information in the man pages as how this should be done, so is quite confusing. If I do a listing of the backup file in /etc/lvmconf all the disk info is in there, but when you need to restore you must specify a disk. If the config stayed the same to you only specify the first disk in the sequence or do I somehow need to specify all disks involved?
Can anyone please shed some light on how I can do this?

Thank you
George

You grab any ONE disk because it has information buried on it is for all of the other disks that belong to the volume group. All of the disks that belong to vg01 will have this little information.

So I just specify one of the disks and it would pick up from the backup file which other disks to use?

Thanks for the info.
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back